Saturday, November 13, 2010

Complimentary Mouse from HP Singapore

I sent my HP Pavillion for repair about two weeks ago due to keyboard malfunction, blue screen of death and overheating. On the 2nd of Nov, I received a call from one of their Service Center Staff and was told that they replaced the keyboard, the heat sink and one of the 2GB memory modules. They scheduled to deliver the laptop on the 3rd of Nov. I was still at work when they delivered it so I was not able to test it immediately. 

When I got home that night, I was so excited to try the laptop so I immediately turned it on as soon as I reach the bedroom. Lo and behold! The keys which I reported not working are still not working!!! So the following morning I called up their Service Center to report the incident. To my surprise, they told me maybe the technician probably did not try if the keys were all working or not! They promised to have the laptop picked up ASAP and apologizes for what happened.

On the 9th of Nov, I got a call again from their S.C. Staff informing me that they replaced the motherboard. Why oh why am I not so surprised?! This is the 2nd time they replaced both the heat sink and the motherboard!!! HP really sucks! I promised to myself that I will never ever buy another HP product again... ever!!!

Since I am again still at work when they delivered the laptop for the 2nd time, I was only able to see the service report when I got home. I immediately turned on the laptop again to test the keyboard. Thank God! Finally!!! All the keys are working now. I then checked the Service Report to have a look on what they tested and I noticed a remark stating "Complimentary gift given due to laptop re-repair. Gift: M". Checked for something that looks like a gift that might be inserted somewhere, but I did not see anything. My aunt who received the laptop told me the delivery guy only gave her the laptop and the report, nothing else. Wow! What a nice gift! Is it invisible?! LOL

So the following morning, I called up again the Service Center and inquired about the remark in the Service Report. The lady who answered my call cannot understand me so she asked if I could hold the line so she can check with her colleague. After a few minutes, a guy answered. Again, I asked what is that "complimentary gift" because I did not receive anything. Turns out it was a mouse - well, that's explains the "M". :P

Again, I heard apologies and a promise to have the free mouse delivered to my house the following day.
Friday afternoon, they delivered. Here are some photos:







Not what I was hoping to receive but since it is free... thank you HP! but I am still not going to buy another one of your products again! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment